Monday, July 25, 2016

Lost and Found

                                                                                                                                                                               
Today it has been re-confirmed to me, my intense wishes always get turned into favorable situations for me.
I was coming to office on my Activa. Road to office (in phase 3) gets really pretty in monsoon. With the clouds floating on the mountains, all brown lands turned into beautiful lushy greeneries, drizzling most of the times and I feel like singling alone. How better can this ride get? That too when I am a little early than others, just to avoid the traffic.
While riding in such an awesome weather, a thought struck my mind…its been long since I wrote anything, earlier I used to write small articles (not sure if I can call those as “article” though, let’s say…a write up), on small incidents, my travel or just anything, but now what to write? I was thinking – Shreemayi? She is the only topic in our lives since she has born, or in fact since she came into our lives, but then there is so much about her, at times I feel, she is the only purpose of my life now. And I get an emotional burstout when I plan to write anything about her…simply because there is so much, I just fail to put my thoughts in a set of meaningful sentences.
With such random thoughts hovering in my mind, I enter the gate, a bit more happy than usual because of my favourite weather, I try to show my ID card, without putting any breaks, in a style, like I do every day ;-) (so to elaborate – we have to show ID cards to gatekeeper, and I wear it so that I don’t have to stop at the gate), and then phew ! there is no card, but just the belt ! Oops..I start thinking, where did it fell, maybe at home while kissing mayu good bye, or in the parking? Or somehwhere on the road…whatever it is…I put an entry into the register, get a visitor pass and wait for the elevator…My happy start of the day just got turned into little blundery start :P
Nonetheless, I feel its ok to lose the card once in 2 years ;-) Maybe it’s an opportunity to get a better photo on that card.. ;-) I enter my desk and search for my pouch to tie my hair neatly and do some touch up :D (to my already beautiful face !)..and hey, I can’t find that as well K
What’s wrong today? Just to make things worse, there was an envelope with a 1000 rs note inside it L
I try to remember where I put it previous day, and whoa….my bad, I put it in the open cupboard on the floor and forgot to pick up …I walk towards it, and it’s not there, I check all drawers there, but it’s nowhere.. I ask housekeeping on my floor but he isn’t aware too.. I hastily call reception, she assures me that she will call few other people and get back…within 10 mins, she calls and says, it’s not found.
Now what to do? What a day it has turned into..I haven’t even touched my project work and just keep thinking will I get my things back? Remembering Kaustubh, I also try doing that left hand “Namskar” 3 times, he believes it so innocently, if we lose anything, by doing that gesture we get it back it seems :)
I remember of another admin member(who has acquaintance with me, can’t call him a friend really), and explain him about my Pouch. He calls me in next 2 mins, asking if there was any money in that, and I am like…yes yes…he asks me to go to one room in old office and ask security there…I go running and yeyyy, my pouch was there , safe and intact :)
I find myself very lucky and feel that at least I got my 1000Rs back, now let’s send a request to issue new ID card, because that is definitely lost on the road
I send the request and immediately after that, I got a ping from reception to call on a number, who had called reception saying she has my ID card :) :) 
 I called this helping girl from Infosys, and she had found it at Infy gate, where we usually have a stop as my husband also works in the same company. Maybe it was fallen off while coming from pillion seat to the rider’s seatJ
Anyways, she was a sweetheart to find and call the company’s number. On my way back, I collect the card, needless to say, I cancel the request to issue a new one.

And there it was, my happy day was still a happy day, it also gave me a reason to write something to refresh my diaries. Lost and Found – apt title for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment